To sign up for eNotifications for the City Calendar click here.
Other event calendars:
Affordable housing town hall
- Date: -
- Location: McNease Convention Center
501 Rio Concho Dr.
San Angelo, Texas 76903
The public can offer thoughts on six proposed housing developments competing for state tax credits during a town hall meeting Feb 1. The forum has been rescheduled because of a scheduling conflict.
The forum will be at 6 p.m. at the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Citizens will hear details about the proposed projects vying for funding through the state’s Low Income Housing Tax Credit program. The housing proposals are:
- Glen Park, by VCZ Development, at 4001 S. Chadbourne St., 60 units, 2-3 bedrooms for family households.
- Meadow Falls, by VCZ, 4665 Southland Blvd., 76 units, 2-3 bedrooms for family households.
- Balcones Flats, by Herman & Kittle Properties, 913 W. 33rd St., 64 units, 2-3 bedrooms for family households.
- The Trails, by Generation Housing Development, 2600 Era St., 72 units, 1-3 bedrooms for family households.
- Cherry Trails, by Four Corners Development, on Appaloosa Trails behind The BLVD Apartments, 48-60 units, 1-2 bedrooms for the elderly.
- Twohig Plaza, by Four Corners, 201 S. Chadbourne St., 40-60 units, 1-2 bedrooms for the elderly.
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs makes funding available through tax credits for single- and multi-family rental construction projects. Credits are awarded through a competitive process. The state will award credits to only one project from this area, which includes Midland and Odessa. City political and financial support improves a project’s competitiveness and is often the deciding factor in which earns the tax credits.
Two local developments, each for seniors, have earned tax credits each of the last two years. Kirby Park Villas’ 72 units on MLK Drive and 29th Street is under construction. Construction on the 48-unit Oak Trails complex near Fort Concho begins in the spring.