To sign up for eNotifications for the City Calendar click here.
Other event calendars:
Fort Concho Spring Speakers Series
Field Artillery in the Indian Wars
- Date: 04/18/2018 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Fort Concho Commissary
702 Burgess St.
San Angelo, Texas 76903
A mysterious case investigated by legendary lawman Pat Garrett, whose claim to fame was killing the murderous Billy the Kid, will be among the topics of Fort Concho’s annual spring speaker series.
The series will offer a free history lesson from noon to 1 p.m. each of the four Wednesdays in April in the fort’s Commissary at 702 Burgess St. Attendees may bring a lunch or can order a sack lunch from Mr. T’s Deli for $8.25 by calling 325-657-4441 by 5 p.m. the preceding Monday.
This lineup of topics and speakers includes:
- Wednesday, April 4: “Cold Case: AJ Fountain and Pat Garrett” presented by local historian Carl Brockmann.
- Wednesday, April 11: “Women of the West” by local historian Conrad McClure.
- Wednesday, April 18: “Field Artillery in the Indian Wars” by local historian Bob Broene.
- Wednesday, April 25: “Taming the Cross Timbers: Sodbusters, Roughnecks and the KKK” by local historian Barbara Barton.