To sign up for eNotifications for the City Calendar click here.
Other event calendars:
Fun at the Fort
- Date: 06/20/2018 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Fort Concho
630 S. Oakes
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Fort Concho’s “Fun at the Fort” aims to bust summertime boredom with four children’s programs that span from archeology to soldiering.
Each one-day sessions is on a Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. until noon at the fort, 630 S. Oakes St. The programs cater to ages 6-12. Each session costs $12 or $15 per child, depending upon whether the family is a Fort Concho member. All classes include snacks.
Space is limited, so participants are encouraged to register early at the fort. Registration forms are also available at fortconcho.com. The schedule of programs includes:
- Come in my Kitchen on June 20. Learn to make tasty treats from long ago. This session, in Officers’ Quarters 6, promises lots of hands-on fun with yummy results. Taught by Fort Concho staff and volunteers.
- Digging in the Dirt on June 27. Dig for clues like a real-life archeologist, then make neat crafts to take home. Taught by Callan Clark and members of the Concho Valley Archaeology Society in the Barracks 6 courtyard.
- Southwest Indians on July 11. Listen to tales and learn the legends of Native Americans. Plus, visit a tepee, sample Indian foods and create crafts. Taught by local historian Joyce Gray in the Barracks 6 courtyard.
- Join the Infantry! on July 18. Enlist for a day of marching, drilling and sampling rations. Then take home a souvenir from your trip to the past. Taught by Fort Concho staff and volunteers in the Barracks 6 courtyard.
Registration is required. No refunds will be offered.