Spring Speaker Series
- Date: 04/12/2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Fort Concho Commissary
702 Burgess St.
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Fort Concho’s annual spring speaker series will focus exclusively on the fort itself, which celebrates the 150th anniversary of its establishment later this year.
Each presentation is from noon to 1 p.m. each of the four Wednesdays in April in the fort’s Commissary at 702 Burgess St. Admission to the lectures is free.
Attendees are welcome to bring a lunch or can order a sack lunch from Mr. T’s Deli for $8.25 by calling 325-657-4441 by 5 p.m. the preceding Monday.
This lineup of topics and speakers, each of whom is a fort staff member, includes:
- Wednesday, April 12: “150 Years of Fort Concho Buildings” by Bob Bluthardt, the site’s manager.
- Wednesday, April 19: “We’ll Build it Here: Establishing Fort Concho” by Historian Evelyn Lemons.
- Wednesday, April 26: “Interesting Characters of the Fort” by Education Curator Amy Bishop.