City Council candidate forum
- Date: 04/22/2017 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: McNease Convention Center
501 Rio Concho Dr.
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Voters will have an opportunity to hear from San Angelo City Council and mayoral candidates at a forum April 22 at the McNease Convention Center.
Candidates for City Council Districts 1, 4 and 6 will participate in a forum from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Saturday, April 22, at the Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Mayoral candidates will be featured from 11 a.m.-noon.
The public forums are organized by the San Angelo Standard-Times. The event will be broadcast live on SATV (Suddenlink channel 117), on cosatx.us/watch and on the City of San Angelo-Public Information Facebook page. The forum will re-air daily on SATV and will be posted on the City of San Angelo YouTube channel.
Citizens may submit questions for the forum by:
- Submitting them in writing at the forum.
- Posting them on the gosanangelo.com Facebook page.
- Tweeting them with the hashtag #SAElex and/or @gosanangelo.
- Emailing them to email@example.com.
- By calling Standard-Times Editor Mike Kelly at 325-659-8249.
- By mailing them to 34 W. Harris Ave., San Angelo, TX 76903, ATTN: Mike Kelly.
On May 6, voters in City Council Districts 2, 4 and 6 will elect representatives to serve four-year terms. Voters citywide will elect a mayor to serve a four-year term. District 1 voters will elect a representative to fill the remaining two years of an unexpired term. The candidates are:
- Mayor: Brenda Gunter, Charlotte Farmer, Zach Taylor, Tony Villarreal.
- District 1: Bill Richardson, Darrin Fentress Tommy Hiebert, Anna Bartosh.
- District 2: Tom Thompson.
- District 4: Chris Giroux, Lucy Gonzales.
- District 6: Rebekah Coffman, Billie F. Dewitt, Steve Hampton.
Early voting will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m. April 24-28 and 7 a.m.-7 p.m. May 1-2 in the Tom Green County Elections Office. Voters will have a choice of voting by paper or electronic ballot during early voting.
On Election Day, only electronic ballots will be available. Polls will be open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, May 6. Voters may cast ballots that day at any of 18 locations, which can be found at cosatx.us/May2017, along with other election information.