Runoff election for District 6 City Council seat
- Date: 07/08/2017 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Polls will be open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, July 8, as voters in City Council District 6 elect their representative in a runoff election.
All registered voters in District 6 are eligible to vote in the runoff regardless of whether they participated in the May 6 city election. Ballots may be cast in any of six locations:
- Southland Baptist Church, 4300 Meadowcreek Trail.
- Angelo Bible Church, 3506 Sherwood Way.
- The Texas Department of Transportation, 4502 Knickerbocker Road, Building E.
- San Angelo Community Medical Center, 3501 Knickerbocker Road.
- The West Texas Rehabilitation Center, 1925 University Drive.
- MHMR Services for the Concho Valley, 1501 W. Beauregard Ave.
Billie DeWitt and Steve Hampton are vying for the post. No candidate won 50 percent plus one vote in the District 6 race during the May 6 election. The winner will serve a four-year term.
Only electronic ballots are available on Election Day.
To see if you’re eligible to vote or if you’re registered, visit votetexas.gov/register-to-vote. To determine which district one lives in, voters can access a map of City Council districts at cosatx.us/council. They may also click the interactive GIS map viewer on the same page.