The Animal Shelter Advisory Committee makes recommendations regarding Animal Services policy to the City Council.
The committee generally meets at noon on the third Thursday of each month in the South Meeting Room of the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Agendas are posted on this website, on the bulletin board in the lobby of City Hall, 72 W. College Ave., and at the Animal Shelter, 3142 U.S. Highway 67 North.
Committee members are appointed to two-year terms by members of the City Council. Committee members may serve no more than two consecutive full terms.
- Mayoral representative: Dr. Victor Schulze
- SMD 1 representative: Faye Doepp
- SMD 2 representative: Vacant
- SMD 3 representative: David Howard
- SMD 4 representative: Sara Bennett
- SMD 5 representative: Maureen "Mo" Soupiset
- SMD 6 representative: Bradley Petty
Anyone interested in serving on the committee should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405. For additional board information, contact the board liaison, Neighborhood and Family Services Director Bob Salas, at 325-657-4224 for more information.