City Council reduces late fee charges
The City Council has approved lowering the fee for late payments for most water customers. The reduction from $25 to 15 percent of the amount due averages $20.84 for the 60,000 accounts that typically paid late in 2017.
The change will take effect June 1. Beginning on that date, water bill payments will be due 25 days after the billing date, three days earlier than current policy. The shorter payment cycle will ensure late fees appear on the bills to which they apply.
The City Council will consider final approval of the changes April 17.
The Council initiated the change at the request of customers. The change will reduce the water utility’s revenue about $250,000 per year.
Water Utilities Director Allison Strube reported to the City Council the water utility’s fund balance – unspent revenue from prior years – is projected to be $4.5 million at the end of the current fiscal year on Sept. 30. That is below the goal of $5.9 million, which represents 75 days of operating expense for the utility.
Water bill payments can be accepted:
- Online at cosatx.us/waterbill.
- Via an automatic monthly bank draft.
- By calling 325-657-4323.
- By mailing checks to P.O. Box 5820, San Angelo, TX 76902.
- In person at 301 W. Beauregard Ave.
Billing & Receipts
The Billing & Receipts Division serves the citizens and the City of San Angelo through timely and accountable records of general accounts receivable, utility billing and cash receipts, and by offering a variety of payment options.
Ways to pay
Five avenues exist for paying a City of San Angelo municipal services statement. You will need your account number.
* Online - Visit the City’s website. Online credit card payments can be made month-to-month or by establishing an automatically recurring payment. Online payments are unavailable from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. daily and from 3:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. Mondays for system updates.
* Mail - Mail a payment to the City of San Angelo Utility Billing/Collections, P.O. Box 5820, San Angelo, TX 76902. Make checks payable to City of San Angelo-Water or COSA-Water.
* In person - Bring payments to the Utility Billing/Collections office at 301 W. Beauregard Ave. Business hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays. An overnight drop box in the drive-through is available for after-hour payments.
* Bank draft – You may set up an automatic monthly draft on your bank account. To establish a draft, visit the Utility/Billing Collections office at 301 W. Beauregard Ave, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
* Phone – You may also call Customer Service at 325-657-4323 and select the option to make a payment over-the-phone. Long-distance users may call 855-419-2758. Phone payments are unavailable from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. daily and from 3:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. Mondays for system updates.
For more information about the municipal services statement and payments, call 325-657-4323.
For an explanation of the charges on your municipal services statement, visit the Water Customer Service page.