The Blackshear neighborhood is located west of Martin Luther King Drive. The Chicken Farm Art Center, founded in 1971, hosts monthly activities showcasing artistic works and handmade products, along with serving as a consistent cultural and entertainment magnet that draws patrons from throughout the community and beyond. One of the Blackshear neighborhood’s main recreational features is Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park. This is a four-acre park with a basketball court and a large sandy playground area with state-of-the-art playground equipment. The Blackshear Head Start campus is located in the middle of this neighborhood, west of North Bryant Boulevard. Housing stock within the neighborhood is characterized by a moderately dense saturation of older homes.
- Blackshear neighborhood at a glance
- Pending land use cases in the area
- Recently approved land use cases
- CU15-05 West Central Wireless
- Check the status of my building permit
- Find out what my property is zoned
- What is the future plan for my neighborhood?
- Which City Council member represents my neighborhood?
Current major development projects and capital improvement projects