The Nasworthy neighborhood is best identified as one of the city’s most important recreational attractions because of the presence of Lake Nasworthy. A wide variety of activities take place on and around the lake, including annual world-class drag boat races and an annual Fourth of July fireworks display that lights up the skies and can be enjoyed from miles around. A quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city, the area offers a destination spot for boating, fishing, camping, running, hiking, biking and bird-watching, and features the San Angelo Nature Center, where a variety of exotic and native animals are showcased. Lakefront properties are characterized by a mix of housing types. The Lake Nasworthy Master Plan, which was crafted with citizen involvement, was approved by the City Council in 2013 and identifies catalytic projects to maximize the offerings in this area.
- Nasworthy neighborhood at a glance
- Pending land use cases in the area
- Recently approved land use cases
- Check the status of my building permit
- Find out what my property is zoned
- What is the future plan for my neighborhood?
- Which City Council member represents my neighborhood?
Current major development projects and capital improvement projects