The Recreation Division manages facilities such as the City's two recreation centers, Love Municipal Pool, the San Angelo Nature Center and the Texas Bank Sports Complex. Additionally, Recreation is responsible for a host of programming, including senior services, athletics, an aquatic program, summer day camps and special events such as the annual Date Night.
To register for youth and adult sports click on the following link: teamsideline.com/sanangelo.
Challenger Baseball League
- Who: For children with intellectual, physical or developmental disabilities
- Registration: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays March 1-29 at Santa Fe Crossing, 702 S. Chadbourne St.
- Cost: $30 per child
- Where: Texas Bank Sports Complex
- Games: April 12, 19, 26, and May 3
- Game time: 6 p.m.
Summer youth basketball league
- Registration: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays March 19-May 11 at Santa Fe Crossing, 702 S. Chadbourne St. The league is limited to the first 100 teams.
- Ages: Boys and girls 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U.
- Cost: $275/team (no individual registration). No jerseys are provided.
- Season: 4 games plus single-elimination tournament
- When: Games begin week of June 4 on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays from 3 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Where: Southside, Northside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- FMI: Sandra Pina, 325-657-4450
League administrators will move teams up a division, if deemed necessary.