The Recreation Division manages facilities such as the City's two recreation centers, Love Municipal Pool, the San Angelo Nature Center and the Texas Bank Sports Complex. Additionally, Recreation is responsible for a host of programming, including senior services, athletics, an aquatic program, summer day camps and special events such as the annual Date Night.
To register for youth and adult sports click on the following link: teamsideline.com/sanangelo.
- Early bird registration: Sept. 1-30
- $425/team without jerseys provided
- $525/team with jerseys provided
- Regular registration: Oct. 1-31
- $450/team without jerseys provided
- $550/team with jerseys provided
- Late registration: Nov. 1-10
- $500/team without jerseys provided
- $600/team with jerseys provided
- Ages: Pee wee (4- and 5-year-olds), 6 and under, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U
- Games: Jan. 12-Feb. 24
- Where: Southside, Carl Ray Johnson and Northside recreation centers, various SAISD schools
- Basketball draft: Southside Recreation Center - times vary for age groups
- Boys (8U, 10U, 12U, 14U) - Nov. 20
- Girls (8U, 10U, 12U, 14U) - Nov. 21
Youth basketball preseason tournament
- Registration deadline: Dec. 28
- Cost: $175 for three-game guarantee
- Age groups: 6 and under, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U
- Tournament dates: Jan. 5-7
- Where: Southside, Carl Ray Johnson, Northside recreation centers, various SAISD schools
Movie in the Park
Free event for the family! Pumpkin painting, food trucks and a free spooky movie that will begin at sundown. There will also be youth and adult 3-on-3 basketball tournaments.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 21
- Where: Kirby Park
Nature Center Fright Fest
Games, free candy, crafts, scary stories, door prizes and a parade of animals!
- When: 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28
- Where: San Angelo Nature Center, 7409 Knickerbocker Road
- Cost: $5 for non-members, $3 for members
Free throw contest for all ages. The best free throw shooters in each age group will win a turkey and runners-up will win a pie for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Cost: Free
- When: Thursday, Nov. 16
- Where: Southside Recreation Center, 2750 Ben Ficklin Road
- Registration: Begins at 6 p.m.