Love Municipal Pool is officially open for the summer! The pool will remain open to the public from noon-6 p.m. Tuesdays-Sundays through Labor Day.
Admission is $5 for ages 3-64, $3 for ages 65 and older, and free for children 2 and younger. On Wednesdays, people with a valid military ID are admitted for $3.
For more information, call 325-657-4450 or visit the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
Adult Night (18 & Older)
Come visit the Love Municipal Pool for the First Adult Only Night! 18 and Older only! Must have valid I.D. to enter. Concessionaire will be open! There will also be other fun activities and games along with music throughout the night! Find a babysitter and come out to join the fun!
There will be a 4 on 4 water volleyball tournament! (Teams must pre-register at the main office, 702 S. Chadbourne, or over the phone at 325-657-4450).
Cost: $5 per person
When: July 27, 2017 from 6:30pm-10:30pm
Where: Love Municipal Pool
Flick N' Float
Enjoy a family-friendly flick in the coolest venue in town: Love Municipal Pool. Movies begin at sunset. Regular admission fees apply to attend a movie at the pool. The concession stand will be open; no outside food or drinks are allowed. Flotation devices and lounge chairs are allowed.
Aug. 11 - Finding Dory
Season passes must be purchased in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. The cost is $75 for an individual or $200 for a family of four. The cost is an extra $25 for each additional family member.
Private party rentals
Private parties may be reserved any day of the week. Time slots are 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.-10:45 p.m. Some dates may be unavailable because of public events at the pool. Pool party reservations must be made in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
Private parties cost:
- 1-100 people - $250
- 101-200 people - $300
- 201-300 people - $400
- 301-400 people - $500
A $100 deposit required is also required plus the initial fee stated above. All fees are due when the reservation is made. Cancellation fees may apply.
Semi-private party rentals
Semi-private parties (during which the pool remains open to the public) cost $20 per hour (with a two-hour minimum) plus $3 per person.
All fees are due when the reservation is made. Cancellation fees may apply.
Register for swim lessons in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
The cost is $60 per session. Each session consists of nine 30-minute lessons, five the first week (Monday-Friday) and four the second week (Monday-Thursday). Swimmers should arrive 5-10 minutes before their lesson.
The sessions will be:
- June 5-16
- June 19-30
- July 10-21
- July 24-Aug. 4
The following classes are offered:
- Parent and child (age 3 months-2 years): Parents and instructors help children become comfortable exploring in the water by getting wet with toys, kicking, walking, blowing bubbles, floating0 and playing games. Classes begin at 11 a.m. during all sessions.
- Preschool (age 3-5): Children become more comfortable in the water, learning the fundamentals of swimming, such as blowing bubbles, basic floating on front and back with assistance, gliding, submerging face, flutter kick, combined stroke on front and back, and basic water safety. Class times are 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. during all sessions.
- Learn to swim - levels I & II (age 6 and older): Children develop fundamentals of swimming: blowing bubbles, bobbing, retrieving submerged objects, floating on front and back, gliding on front and back, flutter kick, combined stroke on front and back, entering water by jumping from the side, treading and water safety. Class times are 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. during all sessions.
- Learn to swim - level III: Children further develop swimming skills by practicing combined stroke on front and back, jumping from the side, treading, floating and bobbing in deeper water. In addition, children will learn rotary breathing, scissor kick, dolphin kick and water safety. Class time is 9:15 a.m. during all sessions.
- Learn to swim - level IV: Children further develop swimming skills by building on previously learned skills in addition to the following: swimming under water, survival swimming, front crawl open turn, backstroke open turn, treading using various kicks, breaststroke, butterfly, push off in a streamlined position and begin kicking, back crawl and sidestroke. Class time is 9 a.m. during all sessions.
All City of San Angelo lifeguards are American Red Cross-certified. The City strives to provide high-quality lessons for youth and adults. If you have a special circumstance or disability, please let us know so we may try to accommodate your needs.
Swimming is a life skill. Thank you for choosing Love Municipal Pool to assist you in furthering or beginning your swimming endeavor.