Current drought level
The City is in Standard Conservation, which restricts outside watering to twice every seven days at no more than 1 inch per week. Outside watering is prohibited from noon to 6 p.m. Runoff of more than 150 feet down any street, gutter, alley or ditch is also prohibited.
Water Advisory Board
The mission of the Water Advisory Board shall be to recommend strategies to the City Council designed to obtain and ensure adequate and affordable water supply resources both now and in the future.
Meetings are held on an "as-called" basis at the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Agendas are posted on this website and at City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.Board members are appointed to two-year terms by members of the City Council. Board members may serve unlimited full terms.
The board is comprised of:
- At least one member who is an engineer, hydrologist, meteorologist or water well driller.
- At least one member who is involved in the banking, accounting or financial services industry.
- At least one member who is involved in agriculture or rural water issues.
- At least one member who is an attorney, former municipal, water district or other governmental officer, legislator or other person who has experience in the legal issues related to water.
- The Board shall have one ex-officio, non-voting member from the Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber of Commerce Board shall determine who will fill this position from its staff or its board.
- Chairman Mike Boyd (banking)
- Vice Chairman Ben Wiese (rural water)
- Kendall Hirschfeld (former governmental officer)
- Jonathon Jennings (meteorologist)
- County Judge Steve Floyd (Commissioners Court representative)
- Chuck Brown (Upper Colorado River Authority representative)
- Roland Pena (City of San Angelo Development Corp. representative)
- Non-voting member - Stan Meador (Chamber of Commerce representative)
- Non-voting member - Water Utilities Director Bill Riley
Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405 for more information. For additional board information, contact the board liaison, Water Utilities Director Bill Riley, at 325-657-4209.
- Direct Potable Reuse presentation 5-10-16
- Red Arroyo Project feasibility presentation 5-10-16
- Water plant presentation 5-10-16
- Water supply options presentation 5-10-16
- Water Master Plan presentation 5-10-16
- Drought level analysis presentation 3-29-16