Office of the City Clerk
The Office of the City Clerk accurately compiles and maintains the legal records of the actions of the City Council to ensure the continuity of government.
The office effectively directs the management and maintenance of all City records, from creation to ultimate disposition; ensures the preservation and accessibility of essential information; and equitably manages and conducts City elections to ensure the integrity of the democratic voting process.
In addition to its overall mission, the Office of the City Clerk also:
- Prepares the agenda and maintains the permanent records of all City Council meetings, including work sessions.
- Processes and administers alcohol beverage licenses and motor vehicle escort service permits.
- Prepares proclamations and special recognitions for the Mayor and City Council.
- Facilitates the preparation and maintains the City Code of Ordinances and supplements.
- Processes and maintains all records of appointments to various City boards and commissions.
- Accepts petitions filed by citizens relative to the City Charter/Code of Ordinances.
- Manages and conducts all City elections, including City Council elections and run-offs as well as elections dealing with bond issues, referendums, initiatives and revisions of the City Charter.
- Manages and administers the City’s Records Management Program and assists the public with requests for public information.
- Publishes official notices of City Council action.
- Maintains official documents of the City Council and Development Corporation.
Bryan Kendrick, City Clerk
Bryan Kendrick was named City Clerk in February 2015 following a four-month stint as interim City Clerk. He was hired as the Deputy City Clerk in January 2009. He has served in several other roles with the City of San Angelo such as Budget Analyst Sr., Internal Auditor and Business and Finance Analyst. After spending a decade in corporate management, Kendrick made the transition to local government in 2006 with the City of Dallas where he worked in the Office of Financial Services as a Special Collections Division Supervisor.